Exhibition period from 24 October 2011 to 19 December 2011.
Community comments are invited on the Albury Regional Crown Reserve and Environmental Lands Plan of Management.
The reserve includes Crown land in and around the City of Albury. The reserve and the Environmental Lands together cover an area of approximately 1,941 hectares.
The plan aims to establish a clear management direction for the reserve providing practical, achievable and sustainable management strategies and actions. The draft plan is based on the significant environmental and recreational values identified for the reserve and sets out suitable future land use options where appropriate.
Management issues addressed include:
- threatened species, communities and other significant vegetation;
- maintain and enhance flora and fauna habitat and diversity;
- weed control and revegetation in priority areas pest control strategies;
- cultural heritage management;
- maintain an appropriate range of recreational opportunities; and
- promotion of the values of the reserve.
The draft plan of management can be viewed as follows:
Copies of the draft plan may also be viewed at:
- Department of Primary Industries, Catchment and Lands, Albury Office, Level 1, 520 Swift Street Albury;
- Albury City Council, Kiewa Street, Albury;
- Albury Library, Kiewa Street, Albury; and
- Lavington Library, Griffith Road, Lavington.
Community feedback is now invited on the draft plan and written submissions should be addressed to:
Senior Project Officer
Albury Environmental Lands
Department of Primary Industries
Catchment and Lands
PO Box 566
ALBURY NSW 26400
Or emailed to Richard.Ahearn@lands.nsw.gov.au