The Commercial Transactions team provides a range of property acquisitions services and professional advice to assist Clients with their strategic property needs, from a single property to the delivery of whole programs. Acquisitions can be via the open market or by statutory processes.
Open market acquisitions are facilitated by a range of activities including:
- Scoping of client service delivery needs
- Site identification, Site assessments and due diligence programs to effectively identify manage and mitigate risks
- Engagement and management of specialist consultants;
- Negotiation of fair market price, terms and conditions;
- Completion of purchases and Client handover.
Statutory acquisitions services provided by the team to assist in the delivery of Government programs include:
- Compulsory acquisitions under the Land Acquisition (Just Terms Compensation) Act for Government facilities such as office buildings, police stations, transport interchanges and other built infrastructure on private or public land;
- Transfer of land and interests in land (e.g. leases) for Government generic property, by vesting under the State Property Authority Act under Premier's Memorandum 2012-20.
Programs and Projects
The Commercial Transactions team undertakes the statutory transfer of generic government properties under Premier's Memorandum 2012-20 and provides acquisition services for a large number of Government and Community projects and programs. These acquisitions projects include:
- Specific needs residential cottages and units on behalf of Aging Disability and Home Care
- Vacant land and redevelopment sites for the construction of purpose built dwellings
- Land and easements for transport interchanges and other rail infrastructure
- Land for community water infrastructure projects on behalf of Finance and Services and Local Government Authorities
- Land and easements for water infrastructure.